Monday, May 12, 2008

Word of The Day......Sacrifice

Sacrifice. This is a word that I'm quickly getting accommodated to. It seems within the past couple weeks my life has sped up about 45%. I use to complain about having too much time for myself now I take whatever I can get. Life is always throwing something new at me every once in a while. Maybe it's to see if I handle the pressure or maybe I do it to myself. I'm giving up so much lately I just hope it pays off....no wait.....take that back I know it will pay off because if I didn't believe in what I was doing I wouldn't be doing it. I know my job it takes up a lot of my time and I know some people wonder if my job is really worth all this. The answer to this question is simple...is yes. The kids I get to meet the and the lives I get to impact, I wouldn't take that back for anything. My job is not for everyone and I've seen a lot of people in my field come and go and not too many can handle it. When your shaping and molding a young person's life it can be a lot, you want them to grow up right. But it can be difficult when you're still growing up yourself and trying to figure out who you are.



The dictionary describes sacrifice as the surrender or destruction of something prized or desirable for the sake of something considered as having a higher or more pressing claim. I find that definition ironic because I'm giving up my own needs/wants to help build something more meaningful.



Sacrifice.

No comments: