Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What About Bukowski?

Do you know what April is? Beginning of spring? No. April is national Poetry month and since I'm a poet(that title is used very loosely). Like the title says I'm going to throw some Bukowski on you. I'm very new to Bukowski, like I just picked up my first book by him yesterday but the couple of poems I've read before by him it looks like we'll have a very long, meaning ful relationship. I gave you Mr. Charles Bukowski:


artisitic selfishness

what's genius?
I don't know
but I do know that
the difference between a madman and a
professional is
that
a pro does as well as he can within what
he has set out to do
and a madman
does exceptionally well at what
he can't help
doing.

now I am looking
inthi unshaded lightbulb
at 11:37 p.m. on a Monday night
thinking
tiny names
like
Van Gogh
Chatteron
Plath
Crane
Artaud

Chinaski.


I'll leave you with something your truly wrote. I'm not as good as Bukowski but I'm working on it.

Untitled Affair

Because she was across the room
I didn't say a word
Having all the execuses in the world
Approached from the left
Having all the right intentions

We made eye contact
She brushed back her hair
Holding her drink
Clutching her purse
Sitting at the bar

Approached from the right
Still nothing, not a word
We made eye contact one more time
She waved lightly with her fingers
I said hi.

No comments: